Saturday 14 May 2011

40th birthday and going away cupcakes

This week has been a busy week of cupcakes.  It started with mothers day and three mothers day bouquets sold.  I then had a failed attempt at making gluten free cupcakes.  I am working on finding a good gluten free cupcake and cake recipe so if you have one and want to share, send it my way!  On Tuesday a friend of mine called needing 60 cupcakes by Wednesday.  Fortunately she reached me on my big baking day so it was no problem.  These cupcakes were for her husbands 40th birthday and were a combination of chocolate mud and white chocolate mud.

The week finished with cupcakes for my dear friends who are leaving to move to Sweden.  Although I am very happy for my friend who will get to share her daughter with her family in Sweden I am very sad to see her and her partner and daughter go.  Goodbyes are always hard.  For their cupcakes I wanted to do a New Zealand themed cupcake for them to remember us by so I made a Koru to go on top of each cupcake.  We will miss you guys!!



1 comment:

  1. I miss you tooo! Finally I could sit down and read your blog in peace after a long time rushing around. Lots of love, Johanna, Rosa and Jordan

    ReplyDelete