Tuesday 14 February 2012

Birthday biscuits

Yesterday my daughters pre-school had it's fifth birthday.  For the shared lunch I made these biscuits to help celebrate.  I love my daughters kindy!  All the teachers, kids and parents are so incredibly lovely!  Whats better is my daughter loves it probably more than I do.

I thought I would share a little piping trick with you that I picked up from watching Ace of Cakes.  Instead of buying piping bags I often make my own with baking paper.  Its incredibly easy to make and they hold up better than some piping bags I have owned.  Whats even better is that you can throw it away. To see the instructions for parchment triangles go to: http://www.wilton.com/decorating/decorating-basics/folding-parchment-triangles.cfm

For small writing and designs like these biscuits I shrink down the size of my parchment triangle to no bigger than the length of my pointer finger.  I don't put a tip in the bottom but instead I fill with a very small amount of royal icing (which admittedly I cheat and buy the royal icing you can simply add water to).  I then cut a very small hole at the end and have a very manageable easy to use piping bag, almost like writing with a pencil!

No comments:

Post a Comment