Tuesday 29 March 2011

Cookie Monsters Tea Party

My daughter loves Cookie Monster.  I think she feels somewhat connected to him as she shares his LOVE for cookies.  From the moment she wakes she is asking for cookies and her face lights up with delight when offered one for morning tea.

Because of this reason I couldn't resist the opportunity to bake her favourite treat.  To her, baking the cookies is even more fun than the cookies themselves and like cookie monster she often cannot wait to eat the cookies before they have finished.

Now I love a basic chocolate chip cookie.  I really don't believe there are any cookies that beat this simple creation.  In the past I have always stuck to using the Nestle Tollhouse recipe.  The soft chewy biscuit seemed a winner to me so I have never attempted any other recipes. I thought it was about time I took a risk and searched online for recommendations. I finally found what I was looking for on Allrecipes and I was definitely not disappointed.  The cookie was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, making it the ultimate chewy cookie.  Not only that but it looked the part as well.  This cookie will definitely be a keeper.  

After pulling the cookies out of the oven my daughter and I did the only logical thing: have a tea part with Cookie Monster of course!  

I found this recipe on Allrecipes website:
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/best-chocolate-chip-cookies/Detail.aspx








 

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Ha!Cookie Monster looks like he's really enjoying those cookies. Another great blog, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete