Tuesday 18 October 2011

Basic Oatmeal cookies

I fear the stomach flu.  Majorly.  If I hear that a child has had the stomach bug recently I would probably grab my child and run if it were not rude.  The idea of nausea and vomiting and the fact that it seems to visit everyone in the family no matter how vigilant you might be in running around disinfecting everything terrifies me.  The last two weeks were just that.  It all started with my 9 month old vomiting all over dad at the park.  I shouldn't have laughed but I did only to be covered in vomit twice that night.  Oh joy.  Two days later it was the husband and myself to get sick and by the end of the week my 2 year old was ill but hers lasted for a week!  Finally we are free of the nasty bug and I finally feel like I am catching up on the cleaning and the washing not to mention sleep.

Its been awhile since I have done any baking so my daughter and I took out the aprons and made these wonderful basic oatmeal biscuits.  I love these!  They are incredibly addictive so watch out, but not only that, they are a great base for any oatmeal biscuit.  You could add craisins and white chocolate, raisins and walnuts, chocolate chips or toffee bits.  Yumm!  Definitely worth the try.  You can find this recipe here



No comments:

Post a Comment