Sunday 15 April 2012

30th birthday cake

This week I made a cake for an incredibly lovely ladies 30th birthday.  She is gluten free and dairy free so I will admit that this was a bit daunting for me.  I have been a bit wary about approaching cakes for people with allergies as I would hate to be the one to make them sick!  I think I double checked the ingredients a thousand times and pre-washed everything before I used it.  When I tasted a test cupcake from the cake batch I made, I was really disappointed.  It was gummy and didn't really taste all that well. The taste of the cake is more important to me than the decorating so I wanted to get this right! I offered another cake in addition to eat but she said that it was normal for gluten free to taste that way so I proceeded. When I went to cut off the top of the cake (unfortunately I had to cut a bit off) I was pleasantly surprised!  The cupcakes didn't work out but this was a moist mud cake! I was so pleased that it had worked out.  Happy Birthday Amy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment