Wednesday 4 April 2012

Grandmas tea set

I thought I would share a pretty neat story with you regarding the tea set cake I did for my Grandma a few weeks back.  Last year was a year of many changes.  Many of my friends left to go overseas or went back to full time work leaving me somewhat alone.  On top of that I had a baby who needed routine so I found myself stuck to a pretty strict schedule which left me limited on the number of activities I could do to get to know other women.  During this time I took the opportunity to get to know my Grandma and spent many hours chatting over tea with her.  I never knew my Grandma growing up so this time to connect with her was really quite special to me.  I loved our talks and she became more of a dear friend to me than a Grandma.  I have found it quite hard since she has become sick but I consider the time I have spent to get to know her such a blessing! Her cake was therefore an incredibly special cake for me.

She looks lovely in purple so I knew I wanted to do a tea set with purple flowers and gold trim.  I also didn't want a fancy flower but a simple beautiful one which is why I chose violets.  At the party everyone was convinced I had copied Grandmas tea set, but I have never even seen it!  Imagine how special it was for both of us that the tea set I made for her and her special tea set at home were very similar.  Some might say it is a coincidence but I don't think so.  I think that maybe God had his hand in it somewhere and it will always be an amazing memory for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment