Wednesday 13 June 2012

Baby blue sneakers

This week has been a little bit crazy.  Somehow, I managed to wind up doing 4 cakes this week all due before Thursday which is strange because most cakes are required for a Saturday.  Call it lack of planning maybe.  Surprisingly I haven't had any late nights which is not really normal either.  My brother is here visiting so I plan to take a little break after this week.  One of the cakes for yesterday was a baby shower cake for one of my daughters kindy teachers.  It was a surprise baby shower at her school so I did not tell my daughter because I know she would have told the teacher who the surprise was for.

When I arrived at school with the cake my daughters face was one of pure delight.  When her teacher walked out and all of the kids yelled surprise she stood up very proudly and pointed to me, saying "My mummy made your cake."  When the cake had been cut up and the kids were all starting to dig in, she stood up and launched herself at me giving me a huge hug saying "Thank you for making the cake Mummy."  I nearly cried.  I had been feeling guilty being so busy but this moment of seeing my daughter proud of me, although so little, is something worth far more than money or approval from others.  I will never forget that moment.






No comments:

Post a Comment