Friday 10 February 2012

Quiz night treats

Last night my cousin hosted a quiz night to help raise funds for sending herself and her youth group to Cambodia.  For the night I donated some baking to be sold to go towards the trip.  It was a great chance to try out some new things which I love to do!  I probably got a bit carried away as always but I was having fun. The best part?  My 3 year old helped me decorate the biscuits.  While decorating them she said "I like helping you mum. I need to tell my dad that I helped you because he is going to be so proud of me." The things that melt your heart as a mum.

I tried a new technique which I thought I would share with you all.  The cupcake below with ruffles is buttercream piped on with tip number 104.  This is so easy I am fairly certain most people could do this.  Simply squeeze and turn the cupcake as you do, alternating with colours.  You could do any colour arrangement.  Check out this link from my favourite blog that explains it in more detail: http://www.thecakeblog.com/2012/02/ombre-ruffle-cupcakes.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HalfBakedTheCakeBlog+%28Half+Baked+-+The+Cake+Blog%29






1 comment:

  1. i had one of the White Chocolate orange and poppy seed muffins and they were AMAZING! Thanks so much for supporting our trip:)

    ReplyDelete