Wednesday 2 May 2012

Tan Slice

Last week I had a slice at mainly music that I have not been able to get out of my head.  In fact I have probably been dreaming about it.  It was that good.  I do have a weakness for butter and this had no shortage of it.  I went in search of it thinking it was a caramel slice but when I came across the tan slice I knew that this was what I had.  Luck would have it that I had a can of sweetened condensed milk in my cupboard thanks to my sister in law.  What I didn't have was golden syrup but I did have treacle so I used this instead and I actually think I prefer it as it gave it a golden colour rather than the pale colour its meant to be and it didn't affect the taste much at all.  This didn't last long at all.  I did give half of it away much to my husbands disgust but it was for the best as the whole lot would have probably gone as quickly as half of it!

Here is the recipe: http://www.chelsea.co.nz/baking-and-recipes/1358/tan-slice.aspx


2 comments:

  1. Glad all that food went to good use :-) The raspberry chocolate fudge bar that I make is based on a Tan Square recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I figured. I would have tried it too had I had raspberries. :)

    ReplyDelete