Sunday 19 June 2011

The Best Pancake recipe

Cooked breakfasts are a special thing in this house.  They are usually reserved for a lazy weekend morning and only ever made by my husband.  He doesn't cook or bake so considers it to be a bit of a specialty of his.  Funnily enough my dad did the same growing up.  Maybe all guys do this? Anyway, it is somewhere I never tread because its his thing.  He has great pride in his pancakes and found a great recipe and I will admit that they are really good!  They taste just like pancakes should taste (I am talking about American hotcakes here and not a crepe or a pikelet).  They are fluffy and light and not too sweet.   To be honest I felt they were about as good as they could get.  Unfortunately (or fortunately) I did the unthinkable the other morning.  We were out of all breakfast foods so I quickly made up a batch of these pancakes!  So.........can I make breakfast as good as any man? The answer if a very large YES.  I hate to gloat here but these were amazing.  My husband even admits this and even took the extra pancakes to work and was still raving about them that night.  The key to these really good pancakes?  I will say it again and again in so many things I make: DON'T OVERMIX.  In fact as soon as it comes together, STOP.  This is the key to achieving a light and fluffy scone, muffin, cupcake, cake and pancake.  Any artist knows that there is a point where you have gone too far and baking is the same.  Learn to pull back and you will create beautiful results.

To see this recipe go to:


No comments:

Post a Comment