Tuesday 14 June 2011

Brownie in a mug

Recently I have seen plenty of blog posts covering this so I thought I would give it a try!  I created a sugar addict out of my husband and he was feeling sorry for himself last night because we had no chocolate or dessert in the house.  He even went so far to suggest that I should start a dessert delivery service because he would definitely call in an order.  I told him I could make him a dessert in five minutes and possibly even between ad breaks of our favorite sitcom.  He was skeptical and told me as always that I was crazy.  I assured him he would like it (I was bluffing - I wasn't even sure I would like it).

So as soon as the ads came on I jumped up and got to work.  I mixed all of the dry ingredients in two seperate mugs (because I had to have one too of course) and as soon as I had finished mixing them the ads were over. I lost! It could be argued that I was making two so I could have finished if I was only making one.  I sat down and as soon as the next lot of ads were on I managed to finish the brownies.  I even threw in some butterscotch chips to make it a bit tastier.

The final verdict? The brownie was good.  In fact my skeptical husband really liked it.  We poured milk on top of it as we had no ice cream in the house and it was perfect!  A quick late night dessert when your reserves are a bit low.

To see this brownie recipe go to:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Mug-Brownie/

No comments:

Post a Comment