Tuesday 26 July 2011

Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes

I've had a block this last two weeks.  Its not as though I haven't been baking, I have! The thought of sitting down and writing about the baking has been a bit draining and I have felt extremely uninspired. I think possibly a combination of being sick and having a boy who is not sleeping the greatest at night doesn't help.  I also have to blame my sister as she sent me the first three seasons of the TV series Ace of Cakes and my husband and I have been spending our evenings watching as many episodes as we can stay awake for.  I consider it research and training.

Anyway, now I have a big backlog of baking to catch you up on.  It may come in drips and drabs between any cakes I am making.

Last week my Aunty came and stayed with my children so that my husband and I could have a night away.  I cannot tell you how wonderful this was!   We had an incredible time watching USA vs Canada in the ice hockey (even if the fans were 70% for Canada and 30% for USA and even though USA lost).  Can you believe that we didn't even talk about our kids once the entire night!  I felt a bit sorry for some friends the next day though as I think I made up for the lack of talking about them the night before.  I was beginning to miss them!

For the weekend I tried to make sure I had plenty of yummy treats for my aunty and my daughter to snack away on.  When I saw a post about cinnamon roll cupcakes I knew they would be perfect as you can eat them any time of day pretty much! I used a recipe for cinnamon rolls and changed it a little to make them into tiny cupcakes. I find I can never eat an entire cinnamon roll so this suited me just fine.  Click here to see the recipe.  When rolling out the dough, roll it out 22" x 12".  Once mixture is spread onto it and rolled up, cut into 24 small rolls and place each roll into a cupcake case.  Bake rolls in a preheated oven for approximately 12 minutes. If you don't have a bread maker there is a hint from one of the reviewers on how to make it without it.  I was just lazy.  The icing is pretty incredible and you wont be disappointed.  Either ice while still warm so that the icing melts into the buns or wait until cool and microwave for 10-20 seconds before eating. Yummm!



No comments:

Post a Comment