Friday 1 July 2011

Key Lime Pie

My girlfriend gave me limes from her tree about a week ago and I was so excited!  Limes are so dear in the supermarket that I very rarely cook or bake with them but I LOVE key lime pie and knew I would have to make one.  Citrus is always my dessert of choice after dinner, especially lime.   The tarter the better and the creamier the better.  There are tons of versions of key lime pie.  The one I chose is super quick and easy to make as there are no eggs involved, just 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk, which makes an incredibly creamy pie.   The crust calls for a graham cracker crust (why I started my graham cracker kick this week) but you can use any biscuit you would use to make a cheesecake crust.  If you have an over-abundance of limes this pie will surely impress your guests with very little work involved.  I will warn you that it is very rich which may leave some disappointed as it is so yummy and they will want more but just won't be able to do it (which arguably is a great thing as you will get leftovers!).

You can find the recipe at: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/key-lime-pie-vii/detail.aspx



No comments:

Post a Comment