Saturday 7 April 2012

Black and white

My sister in law came down this weekend and as her birthday falls in a couple of weeks and my father in laws birthday was a couple of weeks ago we celebrated their birthday together last night.  Initially I had grand plans of making a boat cake with the two of them tubing out the back as this is what we love to do as a family but they decided they wanted me enjoying the boat with them out on the lake rather than making their cake at home.  I couldn't really argue with this as the weather has been supreme this week and it was a brilliant day enjoying the water.  I had a ton of black icing for the boat cake that needed to be used so this is the cake I made for them instead.  I tried to make it both masculine and feminine at the same time.  I probably spent an hour trying to decide what to do!  The change of plans left me with cake block a little.  Overall I am pleased with the results though.


No comments:

Post a Comment