Friday 16 March 2012

Grandmas cake

This cake is a very special cake this week.  My Grandma turned 78 and to celebrate her we had a big party with all the family.  She is a pretty special lady my Grandma and very dear to me and to alot of people.  The last year I have spent many afternoons chatting over a 'cuppa' with her.  I don't know how much time we have left with her as she has been diagnosed recently with cancer but I do know that I feel incredibly blessed to have gotten to know this amazing woman who has inspired me to be a better woman, to love more, to learn more, to laugh more, to drink more cups of tea with friends.


6 comments:

  1. That is amazing Lisa! Happy birthday to your grandma, I'm sure she loved celebrating with you and thoroughly enjoyed her tea and cake xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome cake you are amazing at what you do

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love this teacup cake. When I am that age I want one just like it! ( hint Johanna ) Cherish those very special moments with your Grandma ! Amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow amazing......not sure if you remember me i'm lisa too {moana's sister} met you years ago in tauranga......stubbled across your blog on someones facebook page, you truly are talented cakes are wow wow wow, and love the tea set cake.......i have a blog too and if you don't mind might do a little shout out about your blog on mine smooch lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa, yes I do remember you! :) you have a gorgeous family! Definitely don't mind you doing a shout out. Was in Melbourne last year - such a great city. x

      Delete