Thursday 4 August 2011

Chocolate covered peanut butter cookies

Jeans. A woman's worst enemy or very best friend when you find the right pair.  Since having baby number two jeans have definitely not been my friend and have caused me nothing but grief.  I can't tell you how many pairs I have tried on only to walk out of the store depressed.  The worst thing is that I am usually a pretty confident person but jeans just send me to madness.  I have been living in two pairs of old jeans that have been sitting in my closet from before having my son: a casual pair and a dressier black pair. Last week I put on the casual pair and nightmare of all nightmares, they ripped right up the pocket! Not to panic though, I did still have the black pair to get me through.  That was until I dropped my daughter off at kindy earlier this week and tripped and fell and put a hole in the knee(I am a pretty clumsy person).  I admitted defeat and knew it was time to get serious and be committed to finding a new pair of jeans.

So, after putting the kids to bed I kissed my husband good-bye and went off in pursuit of the perfect pair.  I was ready to feel a bit depressed after all I was already feeling a bit bummed from having said good-bye to one of my best friends today. The first shop I went in was having a sale so a little light started to shine through the black cloud sitting over my head.  I love a good sale. I grabbed four pairs of jeans and the second dressier pair I put on was unbelievably perfect!  It sat at all the right places, was the perfect comfort and was a brilliant price.  I couldn't believe my luck and suddenly felt immensely better.  Would it be pressing my luck to carry on and try and find a casual pair as well?  Definitely not!  The next store I went in (also having a sale!) had the perfect pair of casual jeans and I only had to try on two pairs.  Things are definitely looking up and now I can sit comfortably on my couch in comfortable jeans or comfortably go out to dinner in a dressier pair of jeans.   The best part?  I don't have to feel too guilty about eating yummy biscuits like these Chocolate peanut butter cookies.

Yummmm.  When I think about these cookies I want to get up and make them all over again (they went almost quicker than they took to make).  They are incredibly fun looking when you bite into them and they have the rich chocolate taste of a brownie balanced by the peanut butter middle.  These are a bit time consuming to make but they were a lot of fun for me and my daughter to put together and were definitely well worth it.  I followed one reviewers advice and added an extra tablespoon of milk as the chocolate mixture was a little dry.  I also found it helped to evenly divide out the two seperate mixtures as evenly possible into 30 balls before putting them together so that I knew I had enough at the end and didn't end up with leftover mixture for either mix.

Click here for the recipe






No comments:

Post a Comment