Wednesday 24 August 2011

Upcoming Fathers Day

Fathers day is coming up in New Zealand and I have been wracking my brain trying to think of some sort of special I could come up with for fathers day.  I really can't see dads being into cupcake bouquets or even a box of cupcakes.  Then it hit me yesterday.  Remember this cake?


I sat with my daughter as she stuck on the shapes and the letters and then coloured on the cake with edible markers.  My husband loved this yummy treat and it was so special coming from his little girl.  

So for fathers day this year I will be selling 'blank canvas' cakes.  The cake will be a yummy 8" white chocolate mud, chocolate mud or lemon poppyseed mudcake covered in white fondant, ready to decorate.  I will provide cut out shapes (either coloured or white) for your child to stick on the cake as well as letters for a short message of your choice.  I will also provide 3 different colours of royal icing bags for your child to decorate the cake with (I do not have edible markers available sorry).  All you have to do is sit back and watch!  The cake will come in a cake box with a label that says 'made by (insert your childs name)'.   The cost of this cake will be $50.   I will need orders to me by next Wednesday 31 August and cakes can be picked up on Friday the 2 September.

  

1 comment: