Thursday 4 August 2011

Vintage Inspired Wedding Cake

I  have been impatient to show you this wedding cake that I designed and made this week.  I was meant to wait until I made a light box and get proper photos but decided today I just couldn't wait anymore because I really love it and wanted to show it off. Bad I know. I will put up the proper photos when I get the light box made.  This cake is not actually a cake but made of styrofoam cake rounds.  I am working on coming up with potential cake designs to give people an idea of what they can have for their wedding cake and this is the first one.  I couldn't be happier with it.  I will say that I will not be your traditional wedding cake designer with the traditional flowers and ribbon around the bottom.  These cakes are nice but I am passionate about the theme of a wedding showing through from the invites to the dresses to the table settings right to the cake.   I want brides to know that their possibilities are endless and they don't need to be confined by the traditional cakes with flowers.  




2 comments: