Saturday 31 March 2012

Surprise Eggs

I've been crazy busy lately with cakes so it has been nice to have a week off.  My husband thought I was crazy putting my apron on and going into the kitchen to tackle a project on my weekend off, but it was just what I needed! I felt like a little kid undergoing this and the results were pretty cool if I do say so myself.  I will probably never do this again due to the time factor but it was fun and definitely worth a try if you are game!  The pictures really explain it all.













I used a chocolate cupcake recipe and filled the eggs 2/3 full but really should only have filled 1/2 as you can see from the pictures.  Once the cupcakes were baked I inserted icing into the cake and filled them, just like a creme egg! Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment