Tuesday 15 May 2012

Grandads birthday

Yesterday I made a cake for my Grandad who had to celebrate his birthday at home with his wife (my Grandma) in the hospital.  Not a nice way to spend your birthday so I wanted to brighten his day a little.  My Grandad has always been an incredibly hard working man, a farmer then orchardist, he has always provided well for his family.  I did this scene of him in a garden because he still likes to spend time these days gardening or out on an orchard despite the fact that he is 81 and retired.  He has "grown" an incredible family as well (6 kids!) who have had many kids themselves and now those kids are having kids (and I will say, although biased, I think my family is pretty fantastic) .  So far he has six great grandchildren with two on the way! And its only just beginning.  Half of my cousins aren't even in their twenties yet!  What a legacy!  Happy Birthday Grandad!



No comments:

Post a Comment