Sunday 26 June 2011

Toy Story Cake

This cake ended up being a huge project!  When my friend came to me wanting a toy story cake I dreamt too big!  I envisioned having buzz and woody in the rocket flying above the cake and RC the car.  This of course ended up being way too complicated and time consuming so I ended up having to make the rocket taking off behind the car.  I also made everything too big for the cake so I had to extend the cake out the back which did work well with the smoke from the rocket.  In the end I am extremely pleased to have pulled this cake off but I can appreciate why cake decorators will often purchase character figurines and not make them.  Talk about a major!  You will never get them just like the character and always be slightly disappointed. But, I am pleased to have pushed myself and taken a risk.  Its the only way I am going to get better!






No comments:

Post a Comment