Saturday 25 June 2011

Vintage Flower Cake

I have had pretty busy week this week with managing a couple of cakes and a sick baby so apologies for my lack of posts!  One of my good friends had birthday drinks this week with just the girls.  What a great night!  Sharing stories of motherhood and just relaxing for the evening.  This particular friend has been a huge encouragement to me and my cakes.  She has given me tons of great ideas and has given me the push I needed to start getting myself out there.  Her and her husband even came up with the name of Mrs Woolleys Cakes so it was very fitting that for her birthday she got a special Mrs Woolleys cakes.  This was my first cake covered in black fondant which can be tricky but I was quite pleased with the results.  The flowers and the tiles are all made from modeling chocolate and the cake is a chocolate mudcake.


No comments:

Post a Comment