Thursday 2 June 2011

Oreo Cupcakes

I am glad that I have given these cupcakes away this week simply because they are SERIOUSLY good.  The whipped frosting on the top of them is unreal and if you aren't careful you will eat an entire bowl.  What a crazy silly idea to start a baking blog only a few months after having baby number two.  I'm supposed to be getting back into shape!  Instead I have too many yummy treats staring back at me going "Eat Me!!" Oh well.  You do what you have to to survive toddler-hood and baking is my way of de-stressing.

These cupcakes have a rich chocolate cake with a surprise oreo hidden at the bottom.  On the top of them sits a whipped frosting with crushed oreos.  Together the entire cupcake makes me think I'm eating a rich chocolate brownie balanced by cookies and cream ice cream on top.  Yum!  The best thing about these cupcakes is that they are relatively easy to put together.  You don't have to worry about creaming butter and sugar or worry about over mixing with your mixer.  Instead it is all whisked together by hand.  The oreo at the bottom adds a nice surprise and makes the base of the cupcake somewhat chewy.    If you like oreos and cookies and cream then this is the recipe for you!  When making these cupcakes I accidentally purchased the chocolate filled oreos and they were not double stuffed so I put some of the leftover oreo cream from my homemade oreos on top of the oreo at the bottom of the cake.

My daughter and I go to a local play centre once a week which is a parent run centre that allows you to go and be a big kid with your toddlers.  Its a great place where she can get super messy and learn valuable social skills as well as spend quality time with mum.  We have met many wonderful people here and have really been able to feel more part of our local community.  One woman in particular has been a very valuable part of this particular play-centre.  She has done so much not only for the centre but also for many people around her and for this reason has been nominated for the cupcakes this week.  I have great admiration for mothers who are able to do so much for their community and those around them as well as be a great mum.  If you would like to know more about play-centre, go to the website: http://www.playcentre.org.nz/

This weeks recipe can be found at:
http://buddingbaketress.blogspot.com/2011/03/oreo-cupcakes.html








No comments:

Post a Comment