Tuesday 31 May 2011

Homemade Oreos

We love oreos in this house.  I very rarely buy them though because it seems as soon as they are in the house they are gone.  Many months ago I saw a blog showing homemade oreos and I knew I had to try them.  Just as I suspected, as soon as these babies were made, they were gone.  Its almost disheartening really.  They really do taste like the real thing and the fact that they are gone as quickly as the real thing is a bit sad.  I would almost prefer just to buy the real oreos BUT and this is a very big BUT, how cool is it that you can serve your friends up homemade oreos?  Not to mention, they look really good.  What a great gift for a friend if you have the self control not to polish off the whole lot.  These are fairly simple to make so the next time you find yourself in the supermarket staring at that box of oreos, think about pulling out the mixer.

You can find this recipe at this amazing blog I follow:
http://www.mybakingaddiction.com/homemade-oreos/



No comments:

Post a Comment