Thursday 7 April 2011

Easy No-bake Chewy S'mores Bars

The other night I came across a blog that had chewy oreo bars.  They looked so good that I was very motivated to try them.  That night though I got a serious craving for S'mores out of nowhere.  I happened to have some wheat biscuits, marshmallows and chocolate in the cupboard so to the microwave they went and I sat there enjoying my creation imagining myself sitting at a campfire roasting marshmallows under the stars.  My husband told me I was weird.  

I knew what I had to do. Why not try a chewy s'mores bar rather than a chewy oreo bar?  Mmmm.  I could not wait to try it.  So the next shop I ordered my ingredients and impatiently got to work making it without really putting much thought into it and it was well, a messy disaster.  Not at all what I had been building up in my head.  I was very disappointed.  The mess did taste good though and so rather than be discouraged and give up I thought about it a bit more and in the next shop got the ingredients again and attempt number two was under way.  Success! I was pretty happy about it and even had some for breakfast this morning.  Breakfast of champions I know.  I really need to do something about all this sugar.  My husband complained last night about all of the sugar in the house!  I never thought I would hear that. 

So here is the recipe for these chewy s'mores bars:

Ingredients
250g McVities Digestive (or 150 g Graham crackers)
About 40 large marshmallows (I use the Mike & Jack Mr Mallow range here in New Zealand)
3 T butter
1 cup milk chocolate chips

Directions
1. Food process up the biscuits to fine and stir in the 1 cup of chocolate chips.  Grease a 9x9 square pan.
2. Microwave the marshmallows and butter for 3 minutes, stirring after 2.  When finished microwaving, stir until smooth.
3. Add biscuit mix to the marshmallow mix and stir until combied. (It will be messy)
4. Pour the mix into the 9x9 pan and press into the pan.  I find using baking paper to do this helps with the mess.  
5. Let set for 10-20 minutes. 
6. Cut up and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment