Wednesday 6 April 2011

Snickerdoodle cupcakes with Cinnamon Buttercream Frosting

I was so inspired by yesterdays snickerdoodles and the health benefits of cinnamon that I decided to make this weeks cupcakes snickerdoodle cupcakes with cinnamon buttercream frosting!  For the cupcake I made a white cake and added cinnamon to it.  I then topped it with cinnamon buttercream frosting with a snickerdoodle in the middle of it.  I was a little worried that there would be cinnamon overload but I was more than pleasantly surprised.  These cupcakes as my daughter would say were AMAZING.  To be honest I dont actually know what the cupcakes themselves tasted like as the frosting was so incredibly good that I didn't even notice the cake.  I am now sitting here eating the leftover frosting on top of the last of the snickerdoodles made yesterday.  So much for watching my waist-line!

I decided to give these cupcakes to the mother of one of my husbands child-hood friends.  I hardly know this woman but she has made a big impression on me.  Every time I see her she is so interested in myself and my children.  She is so encouraging to everyone around her and love just exudes from her. I wanted to let her know that I appreciate her and to encourage her to keep doing what she's doing.

For the cinnamon buttercream recipe, go to:
http://www.food.com/recipe/cinnamon-buttercream-frosting-77534

For the cupcake recipe go to:
http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/simple-white-cake/Detail.aspx
I did add 1 tsp cinnamon to this recipe and increased the milk to 3/4 cup.   I also followed other readers instructions and beat the eggs for 8-10 minutes.


2 comments:

  1. wow, those look so good lisa! I love reading your blogs... keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete