Wednesday 13 April 2011

Mocha Espresso Cupcakes

Five o'clock hits and I am a frazzled mess.  Baby is under his play gym and is not happy.  He wants mummy to hold him and is getting sick of these silly toys hanging over his head.  My toddler is stringing a whole lot of words together at a thousand miles a minute that sounds something like iwanttreatimtiredimhungrycomemumcomemumimhungryiwanttreatihelpmum and then proceeds to drag a chair from her room and attempts to help me cut up onion. When will this day be over.  Fortunately soon.  My husband walks in the door and lovingly offers to take my dear daughter for a bike ride.  Oh sweet relief, I can get a break here! And just in time.

This weeks cupcakes were nominated by a friend and go to a mum who doesn't always get that break at five o'clock that most of us desperately need.  Her husband live and works in another location most of the time so she is often on her own.  I can certainly appreciate how hard this would be and I think all mums who are raising kids on their own deserve a mother of the year award.  It is tough enough doing it with help!

I knew immediately what cupcake to make.  Any mum doing the hard stuff on their own need the help of one thing: coffee.  I love love love coffee probably more than cupcakes and cake and rely heavily on it in the mornings.  I admit: I am an addict.  Without my coffee I am not sure I would be able to function after being woken a couple times in the night.

I searched the internet until I found what I thought would be a good coffee cupcake.  The cupcake I have tried is a Mocha Espresso Cupcake and is from Jen from Mykitchenaddiction: http://www.mykitchenaddiction.com/2009/02/mocha-espresso-cupcakes/
I have to say that I love this cupcake for three reasons:
1) It is soo easy to make! Probably one of the easiest cake recipes i've come across.
2) It is so moist!  Everyone loves a moist chocolate cake and this does not disappoint.
3) It reminds me of a cake my mum made when I was a kid (but without the coffee) so it brought back great memories for me.
Anyone who loves chocolate and coffee should definitely give this cupcake a try.


4 comments:

  1. As soon as I read the title of this post I started craving those cupcakes...the photos where just torture! I'm almost drooling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY!!!!
    Love love love coffee too, and put together with a cupcake.....heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. look so yummy!!! love your blog. just wish i could make the rose on top. they are so pretty. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those look scrumptious! I love the pretty rose accents on the top of them, too!

    ReplyDelete