Wednesday 11 May 2011

Bolillos and chicken taco soup

My daughter had her very first day of kindy today.  Most parents would probably have been a nervous wreck so I can't help but feel a little guilty that I may have done a little dance walking out of the kindergarten.  It's fair to say that she was very ready for a break from me and she wasn't the least concerned to see me go.  In fact I think she may have done a little dance herself! 

So I feel a little lighter today with this extra few hours on my hand and I probably should have done laundry or cleaned out the fridge or tidied the bedroom but who really wants to do house chores?  What I really wanted to do was make bread.  I have made bread before but cheated a little with my bread maker.  I really felt like making bread the good old fashioned way so decided to make bread rolls and I love a good bread roll.  Especially with a beautiful hearty soup and I love soup on a cold rainy day.  

Today has been just that. Cold, miserable and rainy.  But I was nice and cozy indoors enjoying making yummy chicken taco soup, making beautiful mexican bolillo bread rolls and enjoying my new found freedom.  How I love a good rainy day. 

These bread rolls have a hard crust on the outside but are nice and soft on the inside with the slightest hint of sweetness to them.  I was pretty pleased with their outcome although I didn't get the split down the middle but it was my first attempt!  They were the perfect accompaniment to one of my favorite soups.

To see the recipe for Bolillos check out: 

To see the recipe for this easy slow cooker chicken taco soup:








1 comment:

  1. Mmmmm! It's cold and rainy again today and that looks so, so yummy!

    ReplyDelete