Saturday 7 May 2011

Zebra Cake

Happy Mothers Day to my lovely classy mum.  I wish that I could be spending mothers day with you but as I am not I made a cake in honor of you.  

My mum is a beautiful woman who I would consider to be very chic.  She has often been mistaken for my older sister over the years and not my mum.  I am sure she is often ahead of herself when it comes to the styles of the time and one of those styles is the animal print craze.  Now I love my mum immensely but she can be a very difficult person to shop for.  Years ago I stopped trying to figure her out and I think my poor dad still tries hard and most of the time fails miserably!  Dad its about time you knew the secret to mums happiness when it comes to gift giving that I have learned recently: You cannot go wrong with animal print!  So, I thought it would be perfect to make my mum this zebra cake that I found. 

I have to say that this cake could quite possibly be the coolest cake I have seen.  It looks really impressive and is super easy to make and it tastes pretty good too!  You will be the talk of the evening if you make this for your next dinner party.  I foud this recipe on the following blog site:

Unfortunately I made the mistake of putting baking paper on the top of the cake to try and even out the baking and it took part of the top of the cake off so do not make the same mistake as me.   This cake doesn't need any decorations but i had to decorate it a little to doctor up my mishap.  Just a little whipped cream or ice cream would go nicely.  I just used regular flour in the recipe as we do not have King Arthur Flour available here.   It would be great to experiment with this cake with colors and as possible cupcakes!  






No comments:

Post a Comment