Thursday 19 May 2011

Cake for Daddy

It was my husbands birthday this week and I had great plans of making a big cake for him and for my brother who arrived today.  Unfortunately I was hit with a bad cold and was miserable and behind schedule getting the house in order before my brother arriving so, for the second year in a row, my husband went without.  I can tell you the cake I was planning for him would have been AMAZING.  Unfortunately he will just have to wait.  I didn't want him to go entirely without though so I enlisted the help of my two year old who helped me make this very special cake for her dad.  It is not super flash or entirely pretty but it is a cake a dad will never forget.  Every night leading up to his birthday she would tell her daddy that she made a cake for him and was so excited to give him his cake on his actual birthday.  I was so proud of her especially because she did not eat the whole cake while attempting to make it.  




No comments:

Post a Comment