Tuesday 10 May 2011

Lemon Cake Cookies

I'm focusing on lemons this week.  My husband was away last week and came home sick.  I do not want any of the kids or myself to catch his bug so what better way to keep everyone healthy than to give them lemons! Well I suppose it doesn't really work when you add tons of sugar to it, but wouldn't it be great if it did?

My desert of choice is usually anything with lemon in it.  The more tartness the better! I found these lovely cake like cookies with a beautiful lemon glaze and decided to try them out.  They were relatively easy to make and my daughter seemed to enjoy zesting the lemon for me.  So much so that she wanted to tackle all of the lemons!

Without the glaze these cookies are pretty good.  I didn't get a chance to ice them right away and my husband and daughter must have eaten half of them before I got around to it.  With the glaze these biscuit are really lovely!  Looking at them I expect a nice shortbread like texture but they are almost like a cupcake.  In fact these soft little cookies remind me of a lemon loaf or lemon bread in both the taste and the texture.  I didn't have creme fraiche so I did use the sour cream.  Also, I only just had enough icing for the remaining cookies so if you want every cookie iced you may want to increase the amount.

You can check this recipe out at the following blog:
http://amandeleine.com/2010/09/17/lemon-cake-cookies/




1 comment:

  1. Yum! Lemons are my choice too, can't wait to make these myself.

    ReplyDelete