Thursday 19 May 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes

I have been out of action for the last week.  Suffering with a bad cold, preparing for my brother coming and preparing for my husbands birthday my baking resources are low.  I did however manage to make these lovely Red Velvet Cupcakes this week which went to my ante-natal group.  These are really smooth and light cupcakes with the yummiest icing! They are also really easy to make yet look really impressive. I strongly recommend trying them.  I just used regular ingredients in the recipe and not the specific brands.  One recommendation I can make with the icing is to beat the butter until smooth first and then add the cream cheese, sour cream and vanilla and then the icing sugar otherwise you will end up with lumps of butter in the icing.

For this recipe visit: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Red-Velvet-Cupcakes-3/Detail.aspx?prop31=1


1 comment:

  1. I love the way to do your little birds--so sweet they look like they would sing =)

    ReplyDelete