Sunday 1 May 2011

Vintage inspired birthday cake

April is a busy month for birthdays with many of my friends and I sadly missed one of my close girlfriends birthday.  Like many I have come to rely on facebook updating me with all the important birthdays coming up but facebook failed on me this time.  How did we celebrate birthdays before facebook?  I don't think I have ever gotten so many birthday wishes than in the last couple years.  Even better, the husband never has an excuse to miss his wife's birthday!  

To make it up to my friend I made this vintage inspired chocolate mudcake.  I love the combination of the colours and am pleased with how it turned out. 


2 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I loved it too. So pretty, took a photo of it before eating it. Still some left...not much though.
    Thank you so much Mrs Woolley, you are a star.

    ReplyDelete