Wednesday 25 May 2011

New Zealand and Marthas Backyard

I am taking the week off baking this week if you hadn't yet noticed.  Next week I will be back into it but for now I am catching up on housework and rest after a wonderful whirlwind week long visit with my brother.  I said good-bye to him yesterday so once again am feeling a bit sad.  I have to remind myself why I live in Tauranga New Zealand so many miles away from my family.  I thought I would share with you one of the main reasons.  I think these photos explain it all.





The top photo is taken from the top of Mt Maunganui.  It is a hard climb but is well worth the effort and one of my favorite things to do! 

Living in New Zealand at times leaves me limited  with ingredients for some of the baking I do.  I have however found a great shop in Auckland that imports some of those American comforts that I occasionally miss.  The name of the shop is Marthas Backyard.  The website is: http://www.marthasbackyard.co.nz/  When picking up my brother from the Auckland Airport last week we stopped here and I picked up some butterscotch chips which I am looking forward to making biscuits with next week.  If you can't get to Auckland they will ship!  What they have in stock is all dependent on when the last container of stock has arrived so it pays to find out when that will be.

2 comments: